Before attending a telehealth session with a psychologist, here are some helpful tips to prepare:
- You will need access to an internet and/or phone connection.
- Make sure the device you are using (a computer, tablet, or smartphone) has a working camera and microphone and is fully charged.
- Consider using headphones or earbuds plugged into your device to improve sound quality and maintain privacy.
- Make sure you are in a quiet space where you won’t be disturbed or heard. This may be in a home office, basement or even in your parked car.
- If you live with others, ask that they don’t disturb you during your session time and that they refrain from using the Wi-Fi so that your connection is not slowed down.
- Consider putting a small fan, or speaker with music playing outside of the door to the room you will be in so that roommates or family members cannot overhear your conversation.